Tuesday, February 28, 2023

My Little Sphere Of Influence

And now the research begins. I could just retract some few years  back when I visited dozens of play school, just to be convinced that my little daughter is with right hands.

I could vividly remember the first day when I was so unsure whether my little one would be taken care properly, standing outside the whole 1 hr. in case, she needed me.

And now here I am looking out for best colleges out there! Again, now worried that she must be with the right peers!

Yes, you heard me right! Right peers! But why am I worried about right peers? After all, these kids are the same age, but why am I worried? I could hardly remember my parents reverberating any of these. Why am I? I am supposed to be in one of the more technologically advanced world than my parents, where everything is available in a click of a button.

Have we got so absorbed in technology that we forgot to cement out relationships with our little ones?

As I walked into the enormous campus of the university, I just remembered the unlimited exposure and the freedom with which it is going to be prescribed.

And now, why has this generation become so vulnerable? is that unrestricted access to technology? Has the technology become a bane? Could we just say and move away blaming on the generation? As parents, we do have a role to play.

Yes, but this role has to be played collectively. It could just be a fire next door now, but soon it will have an effect in ours as well. We cannot attribute everything to the next generation and go away.

It’s time that we all act with definite social responsibilities. It’s time that we befriend our young adults and guide them without expecting anything in return. Lets try and control our sphere of influence and leave the rest, for the universe to take care.

Dedicated to all anxious parents who are worried about their sphere of influence.

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kalps, such a lovely write up about the truth and facts..

    ReplyDelete