Thursday, July 2, 2015


My Birthday Bash


# Day 1 of  NaBloPoMo


Birthday is a special day for anyone, be you are as tender as 10 or as old as 100. Yesterday was one such special day for me. The day started off with usual daily chores, wishes from the dear ones delighted my morning musings, making it extra special.

After few hours around 9.00 in the morning I received a call from my maid intimating me about her sickness and her unavailability for the day. The daily chores stood in front of me like a massive monster. Unprepared for the day I sulk and tried to resume my routine, unable to keep the social media at bay I throng in and out of my chores.

Having failed to achieve my pre-designed agenda for the week I started feeling little stumpy trying to find fault with my maid. Her absence all the more annoyed me. Brooding and grumbling I somehow try and finish my work. Since it was a pournami day (full moon) I started my Sathyanarayana puja (though I don’t fast on the day). Whole through the puja I chanted all the namavalli’s in a grumpy mood complaining about my ill-fortune for the day. At the end, after the neivedyam I closed my eyes trying to connect with my almighty to find my so called lost peace.

An interesting thing happened after that. My husband’s cousin from Hyderabad called, to wish me. She is one of those inspirational ladies I have ever met. Her power of Optimism can charge up even a dumb electron. Being an avid blogger herself she is very passionate and enthusiastic about life. After a few minutes of gyan from her I was totally recharged to start my day off. I quickly wrapped up my entire schedule for the day in the next few hours.

My children came home with loads of happiness waiting for a surprise cake from me!! Though didn’t manage to do one, we all went out and had a lovely evening treat. That night when we were all ready to bed little did I anticipate that a surprise awaited me. It was all my dear brother and my sister-in-law, when they came home at night with a big party cake. Guess all of us need some pampering now and then to keep us going through the mire.

We were all thrilled and excited, especially the children. The day started off with a surprise and ended with one. What for was I grumbling, when my almighty had such wonderful plans and miracles in store for me.

Thank you all for making my day…you guys were the part of glee that almighty wanted to shower on me. Not to forget my husband and children without whom I am not what I am today.

I comprehended that life is full of surprises with ups and downs like speed breakers without which the power of success cannot be relished.

No comments:

Post a Comment