Sunday, July 5, 2015


My Musical Dawn


Its dawn, the morning sun has just began to spread his glory. I could still see some mist hovering on. It is the month of margazhi. One of the special months in Tamil calendar.

People generally get up early during this month and adorn their houses with beautiful rangoli.  Temples conduct special puja’s during the time. And pongal becomes the special dish of the month.

This time I had travelled to a lovely south Indian village, where this festivity is celebrated with lot of music too.

It was one such morning, the sweet sound of FLUTE filled the morning air. I try to follow the path trying to decipher its origin. I cross few fields, though thorns prick my feet I pay no heed. I try to follow the sweet sound of the flute.

Slowly I could see a small temple at vicinity. Hoping to find somebody playing the flute there, I rush to the temple. I found a small idol of Lord Krishna, adorned beautifully with garlands and flowers.

Now the music stopped..i search all around to find the origin of music. And suddenly woke up to the call of morning alarm.

Its indeed my own Krishna who has played the FLUTE for me.

This is written for A Prompt Each Day for the prompt FLUTE ,NaBloPoMo
                                                                 

2 comments:

  1. so enjoyed the South Indian flavor in the first part...also like the beautiful spiritual end ....

    ReplyDelete